Friday, June 24, 2005

Morning

Celebrate me I'm your next morning
The dawn called at sunrise
Embrace mebaby I could hear you mournin'
So say goodnight to night time and rise

What's next I'll have a coffee and a cigarette and
Take a walk in your sun
I'll buy the paper at the cornershop
This day is mineand it's fun

And I don't believe in bad news before lunch
I fly high over this city
And I can see the pre-dawn chaos is gone
I'll spend some time with you on my mind today

A universe of ugly things
Turns to pure light when you call it
Leave me a pillow scented by night
Just in case I've got to rest my head

And I don't believe in cold water from above
When I got warm rain inside me
Now I can see the pre-dawn chaos is gone
I spend some time with you on my mind today

Who would believe I could ever return to you
But your memory stays beside me
Now can't you feel that all this chaos is gone
I've spent some time on your mind today

No comments: